The Orange County Sheriff’s Department Aliso Viejo Police Services is joining the free Neighbors app by Ring to provide the Aliso Viejo community with real-time, local crime and safety information. With millions of users, the Neighbors network has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe. Aliso Viejo is the first Orange County city the Sheriff’s Department contracts with to partner with Ring on the app.
Residents can text AlisoViejoCA to 555888 from their smartphone to download the free Neighbors app on iOS and Android and use the app to join their neighborhood, share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from their neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
“The opportunity for more interaction between residents and law enforcement to keep our community safe is always welcomed,” said Lt. Chad Kajfasz, Chief of Police Services for the city of Aliso Viejo. “We have very engaged citizens who take their personal safety seriously, and this partnership will enhance and continue that trend.”
How It Works
● Text alisoviejoca to 555888 or click here: download.ring.com/alisoviejo from your smartphone to download the app for free on iOS and Android.
● Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
● Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
● Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
● View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
● Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
● Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
For more information, visit www.ring.com/neighbors.
Residents can still take advantage of the $100 rebate for select Ring products by applying at this link.